Monday, January 17, 2011

The Social Network

Sam and I finally saw The Social Network after hearing the hype for months. I thought the movie was great but am baffled by the fact that it is winning and nominated for all kinds of awards. Looking at past films in the same category I just don't see how it competes. The music for the movie is amazing and should be winning awards, but best picture? I just don't see it. Jesse Eisenberg did a great job in the role and I can understand his nomination as well. However, best screenplay, or director, or best picture no. It is a great look into the life of Facebook and an overall very entertaining film. I would watch it again. I would also really like to read the Ben Mezrich's book The Accidental Billionaires as well to see how they compare as I know his book Bringing Down the House was not quite like the film 21.

My favorite two clips in the film:

Checking your math

Attention

Overall I would give the film an A- (but not all of the awards it has received)

No comments:

Post a Comment