Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hunger Games, Catching Fire & Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Well this set truly kicked off the new year as I stayed up just past midnight on New Year's Eve finishing Hunger Games. The concept of this book is like nothing I have ever read. They are considered young adult books but are quite complex and have many levels to them. I couldn't put Hunger Games down, really liked Catching Fire and was disappointed with Mockingjay. The build up of the first two and the ending of the 3rd reminded me a lot of a John Grisham novel...build build build and then end. However, with that said I would still highly recommend that people read them. They are quick reads and just suck you in.
I am going to rate each book on its own since I think they are very different:
Hunger Games A
Catching Fire B+
Mockingjay C-

No comments:

Post a Comment