Friday, January 14, 2011

Next to Normal- Broadway Show

We went to see Next to Normal here in Denver. It is directed by the same director that did Rent and was nominated for and won many Tony awards as well as the Pulitzer Prize for drama. All that said I would have to say it didn't even compare to Rent! It will be hard for any show to ever compete with Rent in my mind but I didn't find this show to be as amazing as it was hyped up to be. The lead actress, who won a Tony for her performance, just did not seem to me to mesh well with the rest of the cast. She had a tough role to play and did a good job but overall I found her hard to understand when she was singing. Overall the show was good, not great, and not one I would need to see again.
Overall I would give the show a C-

No comments:

Post a Comment